Friday, March 11, 2016

Travel Photo Diary - 32 h 38 min 1,475.5 mi via AMTRAK



photo © patrice dougé All rights reserved
First week of March 2015 - I seldom fly within the US, I usually like to travel by bus so I can see the Country. I get on a Greyhound, I have been lucky to always get a window seat and take to the open road. I don't mind at all how long it takes me to get to my destination, to leave everything behind and and hit the road. On this trip from Fort lauderdale, Florida to Burlington, MA I thought I would take a train for a change and booked a seat on Amtrak. The day before my trip I had to go to the station and check in my luggage since Amtrak doesn't go directly to Boston from Fort lauderdale. I was exited to leave,  a week in Boca Raton gave me plenty of time to go shopping for a winter jacket, reconnect my Sprint Cell phone service and touch base with  the friend I was going to stay with in MA. The train was running behind schedule, the Clerck at the window informed me it would be about an hour late because of mechanical failure. I have taken the habit of always being early when I am traveling just in case of traffic, long line at the check-in counter and whatever unexpected complication that may come up - I have never missed a flight, bus or train ever since I have been traveling. Two hours or so later, I heard the train blow its air whistle, when I looked over it was approaching from around the corner and I could hear the squeaking sound of its breaks. A handful of passengers got up from the benches in the waiting area on the platform, I grabbed my backpack and got on the train. I was on my way to Burlington.
photo © patrice dougé All rights reserved