Wednesday, March 9, 2016

On location photo shoot to promote Myabél Cocktails and Sauces

photo © patrice dougé All rights reserved
When the alarm went off at 4:45 am, I was cursing up a storm - I barely got two hours of sleep, it was already after 2 am and I still hadn't fallen asleep. Fifteen minutes later I touched the snooze button on my phone and hit the shower. I packed very light, one camera body, 2 lenses, extra batteries,portable on camera flash and memory cards - by the time I was done it was already after 6 am but still had plenty of time to get to Kafou Marassa, Croix Des Bouquets where I would be picked up at 8am. There's hardly any traffic early on a Sunday morning but playing it safe I left a little bit earlier since I was using public transportation and I was given directions on which (tap tap) to get on to get to Croix Des Bouquets. I made it at exactly 8 am even though I missed my stop and had to take another bus heading in the opposite direction.
photo © patrice dougé All rights reserved

We were on our way to the the first location at around 8:30am, the sun was already way up in the sky and I suggested that we first do the outdoors shots because we were losing the soft light very rapidly since it was a sunny day. The Products, sauces and cocktails, were set up on an old ox-wagon, and I was grateful the oxen attached to the wagon behaved, the models were very easy to work with and we began our first shoot.
photo © patrice dougé All rights reserved
11:25 am - We packed everything up and headed to the second shoot  at a very nice location by a lake, lac Azeui, located in Fonds Parisien, a 30 minute drive from downtown Croix Des Bouquets. 3:45 pm - And to wrap it up, a party was organized, late afternoon at Myabél Cocktail Bar & Restaurant located in Croix des Bouquets,where the guests would be serve sauces and the different variety of cocktails. In a future post, I will publish the PDF of the final edit once the graphic artist designs the brochure.